Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Everybody has a Story--"I am..."

I am broken, dishelved, dysfunctional, but put together, organized, and efficient.  I am depressed, angry, and lackadaisical, but content and happy.  I am exhausted and spent, but motivated, and driven.  I am indifferent but compassionate, I feel pain, longing and remorse but I can love, smile, and forgive.  I am ignorant, but open minded.  I want the best, but expect the worst. I am what I am, I am not trusting, but completely honest, I am incarcerated in form, but free in mind.  Im am kind and caring and vise versa.  I am respectful and shy, but assetive and opinionated.  I am what i am my story is what makes me who I am and my expieriences influence my judgement, so judge me by who I am not what ive done.

NW, age 16

No comments:

Post a Comment