Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Monday, June 4, 2012

My Dream Job-- a persuasive writing assignment

My dream job is a DJ.

Dear Sarah,
I love music and more than that I love other peoples music.  Its nice to plug in and hear somebody who feels the same way I do at the same exact time I need to hear it.  I believe that music heals the soul.  No matter what song it is they all have a meaning and emotion that I have at one time felt or expierienced and can relate to on a personal basis.  Also Im very good at helping people and saying what they need to hear.  Im a big crowd pleaser and whats a better job than a dj when It comes to giving people what they want.  That and you basically get paid to party and listen to good music.  Who wouldnt want that right?  The biggest reason is when I sit down and write it feels like a weight on my shoulders is shifted and makes it eaisier to bear, like a my problems arnt that catastrophic and I can actually breath again.  I can get paid to do something that probably is one of the very few things that I hold close to my heart why wouldnt I do every thing in my power to get this job.

RW, age 16

No comments:

Post a Comment