Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Everybody has a Story--"Dad said..."

I grew up in ---.  While I was growing up I was introduce to drugs and gangs.  My whole Family on my dads side is in a gang but they live in ---.  We visited them a lot though and they all did meth and smoked weed and drink.  I grew up thinking everyone grows up being a gang- so I got jumped into --- when I was only 13 years old.  My dad incouraged it and said it would make me stronger and he will have more respect for me, he dint tell me that I would be involed with illegal activities such as drugs, robbery, shootings etc.  He even encouraged me to be in those activities, but then he told me when he was 17 he got charged with armed robbery and served 7 years in prison.  He dint get out until he was 25.  but now I realize that is where Im headed and only 16 with a 1 year old daughter.  There is so much more to my story then this but I dont want to get in to details but if I could I would restart my life, and make sure I did not get into a gang because there is no way out unless I basicaly risk  My life and then be disowned by my own family.  I would not of got pregnent at age 14. because its very hard being a teenage Mom thats locked up and cant be there for her daughter because she got drunk then got in a gang fight at a party.  I truly wish I could go back and live my life how a kid/teenager should.

MV, age 16

No comments:

Post a Comment