Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Everybody has a Story--"One Choice"

Heres my story about how my life changed completely after one choice I made.  When I was fifteen, I moved to --- I had no friends at all when I started --- High.  I hated the feeling of walking down the halls by myself, or the worry of who I was going to sit with at lunch.  All I wanted was to be accepted.  After awhile, I started hanging out with a group of kids that were pretty much known for drinking, smoking, and raving.  At the time, I didn't care though.  These friends started inviting me to these little "kick backs" Where they would smoke and drink and do pills.  At first I would never even think of doing those things, But some guy walked into the house and held up 9 baggy full of pills and said "I just got ninteen O.C. 60's, who's down to smoke some?!?"
After awhile of peer pressure, I finally gave in.  I didn't even know what an "O.C." was.  These kids were smoking the pills on tin foil.  and I remember it smelled so bad.  But when I took that first hit, I was hooked.  After the pill was gone,I asked one of the guys what O.C. stans for, and he told me it stood for oxycottin.  I was shocked, but at that moment i didn't even care.  After that night, everything about me had changed.  I stopped going to school, I lost interest in everything.  I started staying out late and getting in trouble.  But worst of all, I started stealing and pawning my parents things.  And I was constantly lying to my family.  That one pill led to an addiction to heroin and now its almost my eighteenth birthday and I'm locked up.  I wish I could let people know how easy it is to get addicted to something, it doesn't matter who you are, or where you come from.  This drug took EVERYTHING from me, my family, education, freedom and even my self confidence.  I hate myself for taking that first hit, something I'll always regret Because now I'll be fighting this addiction for the rest of my life.

JW, age 17

No comments:

Post a Comment