Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Everybody has a Story--"Spice"

I was walking to my third period class.  It was my second monday in highschool.  I made my way up the large staircase in the hall, squeezing my way through the crowds that had parked themselves so conveniently in everyones way.  At the top of the stairs I continued my trek to english.  There was a very bad surprise waiting for me at the door.  My assistant principal had camped out at the class, waiting to take me down to the office.  Immediately I was worried.   I was turned right around to reverse my walk to class to end up in the office.  Right away I was told to empty my pockets onto the desk.  My phone and the tin can I used as a wallet sat there on the light tan desk seemingly laughing at me in innocence as the things that made me guilty were fished out of my backpack.  With drawn from the pack was a jar half full of spice and my purple glass pipe.  In lack of illegality the spice was handed back to me as my first criminal charge in my life was written up.  Guilt for my crimes was a little late in the coming as I blamed --- for my trouble.  It wasn't till later I recognized my mistake and was able to learn from it.

BC

No comments:

Post a Comment