Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Monday, April 23, 2012

My Dream Job-- a persuasive writing assignment

My dream job is Therapist

Dear Sarah, I am applying to become a therapist because that has always been my dream job ever since I first got into the system and realized people out there have life harder than I do. My first program worked hard on my leadership skills because I was a mentor of my group of my girls had to go to me for their problems and I learned that I am really good at talking and supporting and helping people. No matter what the situation was I could help. So I feel like I would be a really good therapist because I have alot of experiences that I could probably relate to some experiences kids go through. I know what I have to do to get their, even though I am only in the 10th grade I can start on educating myself now. In one of my classes I am learning about how the brain works and about some of things that we do is because of how we use our brain. Which is stuff that I will have to know later in life when I persue my career but I know I will have to go to college for a couple of years but I feel like it will all be worth it. I will be able to change lives and I feel like it will all be worth it. I will be able to change lives and I feel like it will only make me stronger person to. Therapy has helped me alot in my life and I know it will help people that want it to help and I will be a support to them and understand them. So that is the career I want and I know that is some thing I am going to be good at.

SW, age 15

No comments:

Post a Comment