Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Everybody Has a Story--"It's Over Baby"

---before I even get to the room I know whats happening.  My heart racing I know that he's doing it again.  I can hear loud piercing screams coming from my mother.  I am almost running down the hallway now.  I open the door and realize that my mother is bleeding.  Crying & screaming I see her laying on the floor as he continues kicking her.  He looks at me and smiles.  A burning feeling of rage engulfs me as I begin running towards him full force.  His body barely moves to the side.  The weight of my 7 year old body isn't able to do much.  I'm scared now, and I start yelling for my mommy, as she's yelling for him to stop.  The next thing I saw were his big hands, throwing me into our antique dresser.  My mom gets to her feet and pushes him away from me, her body almost falling in its weakness.  In the blink of an eye his belt is off his pants and in his hands.  He whips my mom one hard time to the face, making a gash in her cheek and her nose bleed.  As she turns away he continues to whip her back as she's screaming in agony.  "Don't! Stop!  Stop hitting my mommy!" I yell as I thrust my whole body at him, trying to help in anyway I can.  As the tears roll down my face I see the big body turn towards me, suddenly whipping at my shins-I fall to the ground, reaching for my mom.  He kicks me twice in the side before my mom pushes him away.  She picks me up and runs for the door.  SLAM...we hit the wall with another great push from the big man I once trusted.  I cant hear what's going on anymore.  We are both screaming and crying for help while he screams at us to keep quiet.  He's holding my mom by her neck now.  Im panicking, I don't know what to do.  I punch him in the back as hard as my tiny fists will let me.  I pull at his arms, pinching, biting, punching, & pulling.  he releases her finally, and her frail body falls to the ground as she gasps for air.  He kicks me hard behind my knees, and then I too fall to the ground.  He picks me up by the arms screaming "why don't you ever learn?!".  At that very moment I hear sirens and I begin screaming for help as loud as I possibly could.  He gives me one last shake, banging my head into the hard wall.  He runs, and I crawl to my mommy as she curls me in her bloody hands and cries to me saying "It's over baby, it's over."

TH, age 16

No comments:

Post a Comment