Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Everybody has a Story-- "My Best Friend "

Sometime in February, I was texting my friend and hanging out with my other friends. We were having such a great time. Then all of the sudden, my friend ____ called me. She was freaking out way bad. I couldn't understand what she was saying. I told her to stop crying and say it slowly. It took her a couple minutes to calm down a little bit. Then slowly she told her that my bestest friend in the whole wide world had gotten into a fight in _____ and was stabbed until he died. I was devistated. When I found out, ti was like my heart had gone dead. Then I felt tears rolling down my face. I couldn't breathe and I couldn't stop crying. I had just lost my best friend. A couple days before that, he told me to keep smiling and being me and to love and never forget him. I didnt know why he said that. He wouldnt tell me I think he knew something bad would happen. I just wish I could have helped him and kept him safe. He still would have been there. Thats when I decided to try to quit drugs.

BM, age 13

No comments:

Post a Comment