Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Everybody has a Story-- "Wishing I had a Dad"

For the past three years I have be put in a residential treatment center for six & a 1/2 months, then locked up for six days in DT, then sent to live with my grandpa for 8 1/2 months, then lock in DT for another six days and then put in O&A for 56 days. I have had a problem with tobacco for those three years. I always wanted my mom to stop smoking. Then I find myself doing the same. This time in O&A is my last chance to prove to my judge that I can follow rules and stay out of trouble. I have also had a problem with anger and swearing and arguing with my mom. My mom was beet every day of the week when she was married to my dad. If she did not clean how he wanter her to he would beat her. If she was pregnant & was exghausted and did not jump for him he would beat her again. My dad has never been a part of my life and he has always depended on girls to pay his way he can't even keep a job for more than a month and he is wanted. I believe if I had a dad that it would help out a lot with my anger. Also I would have someone that knows what I am going through to talk to.

BB, age 16

No comments:

Post a Comment