Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Poem: You were My Brother

You were my brother, my very best homie, you were always down for mine
Showing much respect to me.

We were so close I loved having you here, if it was up to me you would still
Be here.

You didn't deserve that shot, you were a soldier, for your life you fought.

I stood there next to you not leaving your side, you tried to stay calm but the
Pain on your face you couldn't hide.

As I looked around the room I saw faces full of tears, my nightmare was coming
True loosing you through a bullet was my greatest fears.

When you left I felt so alone, I didn't know what to do. I begged god to bring you back,
or to take me with you.

You left us down here with our hearts full of pain; I should have tried harder to get you
On the right lane.

As I watched you lay in silence, I saw my last tears drop. What happened to that boy who
said he'd make it to the top?

I now realize you haven't left you're always here with me, and all this guilt and anger is
something you would want me to set free.

No matter what I'll miss you, you'll always be my best friend, and your love and
kindness is something I'll hold inside of me until I reach the end.

E.C., age 15

No comments:

Post a Comment