Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Everyone Has a Story: "O.D."

3 am. December 18th. I never thought I would have to see not just one but four of my friends all O.D. (overdose) at once. I can't tell you there names but the inatles of there names or nicknames. That morning before was like any other. We met up and smoked some weed the usual six "B"s, some kid I didn't know, and I. At first I was going to be harmless just some weed but that was not enough for the rest of the guys. They wanted some cheese (street name for heroin). I told them I would help them find some but would not touch the stuff. None of us had any money so we split up and did what we usually did to get money. We would panhandle at the local stores. Asking strangers for money. The funny thing was they would give us the money. So when we had the money we would get in T's car and we drove to _(city)_ to get it. We pulled up to a house that look nice but when we walked in guns drugs and naked girls were every where. I was scared. I think the others were too but didn't want to admit it.

We did the exchange and got the drugs and we left as soon as possible. We got back to C's house and by the time we got back it was midnight. Since I was not going to have any cheese they have me the rest of the weed. After they [got it ready], I watched one by one them stick the needle into their vains and eject the liquid. For the first ten minutes, they were fine but one by one almost in the same order they took the drug they went into a seizure. As high as I was I knew what was going on so I ran down the street to get my friend. We carried each one of my ODing friends and threw them into C's car. I started the car and drove to the local hospital. With my jacket and ball cap covering my face, I took four wheelchairs and my friend help me put them in the wheel chairs. I pushed two of them in and the other two my friend pushed right into the emergency room. The secretary ask what was wrong but me and my friend ran back to the car and put it in drive and we were gone.

B. lived and got put on probation. T died but was brought back to life and is now homeschooled. C is now in rehab; he is there for 4 years. And for J he has been clean since then. This is one of the many reasons I don't touch any thing with a needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment