Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Everyone Has a Story: "Life"

It all began 1993 when for the first time my wonderful parents would see me.  I assumed that they would love me because for 9 straight months my mother took care of me, fed me and always carried me. I grew up in a descent home with a descent family, grew up fast. My family somewhat poor even came to the point where I asked for toys knocking from door to door. I have no idea why such at a young age my father decided to leave not even looking at his son's face. to much drama maybe could handle a baby mamma but why didn't he think of that before saying oops my bad. Maybe it wasn't always him making bad decisions. Maybe because of his parents pressuring him to leave his wife who cares about the child. Wow, this situation grow oh so wild.

They called themselves Religious. At one point even Christians but why would you hire a witch to cross a kids veins to me that makes 0% sense. Thank god my mother said no or else I would have been gone with absolutely no hope. No one would of brought him back not even a priest not even the Pope. I guess without him for the Mother and Son they would starve and wouldn't have water to drink. At least that's what he would always think. I guess since Birth Death has been wanting to take me away. I remember a day when I was eating candy and felt it go down my throat got stuck there wouldn't go down any more tried to ask for help because I was being chocked. I was outside in the dark with no one around, ran back home pounding on the door with no one to help me feeling scared and alone. Finally my grandma came out with a shout happy to see me although lived down the road. She saw my anxiety figured me out gave me a piece of bannana finally swallowed it down. Don't know how it worked but I thank god for her helping me out.

Years later my father saw my mother he asks have you found another. What kind of question is that when you left your son back didn't have the balls to support and even give up change to get your own son's diapers changed. She said screw you, forget about it I know I can do it on my own. We'll make it through life. Little did she knows there were days she had to sacrafice her own food in order for her young one to survive.

There came good times and bad like when I saw my mother trying to hide because of all the tears coming out of her eyes I told her don't worry don't cry I love you I love you don't worry it will all be okay. I was so young little did I know we barely had money to make a payment for the place we used to stay. To me time was nothing but fun and play but to my mother it was where will we go next? Time passed by my mother grew strong found a good job even getting to be by her son. School was fun. Mornings were rough I grew older We moved to a new place I got used to growing up on my own but never alone. Thanks god for the mother you blessed me with. I love her to death would never replace her.

I don't care what anyone says but to me she is the best. She took care of me since day one never knew what I'd look like but she knew she loved me when I was in her stomach. She would talk to me as if she knew I was listening she did it alone without the help of what is supposed to be a man, the love of her life. But better off alone than being accompanied by the wrong person or who is not worth being with. I know everything happens for a reason and I thank god till this day because after all the struggles He has us together being successful riding in nice cars living in a nice home even got a new person joining the family.

My little sister because after all my mother met that special someone or her true love. She deserves to be happy after all these years she learned the ways of god and she says she sees me in a stadium preaching the gospel to millions one day and if its gods choice to put me up there hopefully I can make my mothers and my dream come true.

Look at me how I am 17, got a job, I am a young adult doing it on my own. Thanks to go he has us healthy. I know I've made mistakes, but I also have learned that learning from our mistakes is what is important and improve not just taking everything for granted and not caring or changing. Thanks to god for my family, peers, and staff.

L. G., age 17

No comments:

Post a Comment