Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Everyone Has a Story: "Have you Seen Me?"

I was sitting at home and the police kicked in my door and I said "Mom, don't let them take me." Then before I could run to my mom the police had a hold on me and and he said "Do you think you're so tough?" So I said "Screw you, I'll throw you on the ground and beat you with your night stick." Then he threw me in the back of the car and I said "Where are you taking me?" and he said "I'm taking you to the big house with the big boys and the big guys." Then he started laughing so I spit in his face and said "Screw the police."

Then we started to drive away and I saw my mom on her knees on the front lawn and she was crieing and I started crieing too so I asked "Can I go say bye to my mom?" So he said "No, you were caught with weed now you are being arrested." So I said "Please, I cann't be taken from my mom without saying bye." But he kept driving and we turned a corner and my mom was cut of sight so I started crieing even more and I said "How can you take me from my mom and not let me say bye to her?" and he said "Because it my job to arrest people and take them to lock up facilities like the one you're going to called _____________." So I said "So why can't I just say bye to her?" and he said "Just shut up and wait till we get to the YOUTH CENTER then you can call her from there and say what you want to say to her." So I said "But I want to tell her in person" and he said "You can't because I have orders to take you here." And I said "Who cares if you brake one order?" Then we pulled in front of the _______ Youth Center and he took me inside and the people at the front desk said "You're back again?" Then a week later I went to court and got a 30 day pryer release to O&A. When I went to court my Judge said "You're going to Farmington Bay O&A for 45 days." This is my life experience.

L., age 13

No comments:

Post a Comment