Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Dream Job-- a persuasive writing assignment

My dream job is history teacher.

Dear Sarah,

My inquire is to become a social studies, or a History teacher. I have a passion for culture, history, and ideology. I also have been noted for my abilities, thoughts, and have been sharing them for years. To be telling of past would be perfect.

I enjoy the past. From Adam and Eve, to the Gulf war, and to this day I am learning. How one persons thoughts became World War II, and how we are similar, and different from people from the past. The world, from point A to now, then to point B, History is facinating.

Looking, and telling, I learn from sources, and then tell of my expierences. Sharing some of this information is astonding. How Napolean lost Waterloo, from his "problem." Just from one fact, lead to his defeat. Some of this information can not be just kept for myself, it must be shared.

Culture is amazing. How every year, something changes. From the Industrial Revolution, to todays iPads and gadgets. What may be taboo for one culture, is important in another. Also how todays hot topic, or used to be was similar in the past. Immagrants used to be huge, after the potato famine in the 1840's made many Irish immagrants come to the Americas, working for a dime a dozen, taking many jobs. That may sound simmilar, even today people converse on immigration liking every job. Culture is amazing how simmilar, or different, and even taboo, it is truely exsilerating.

World, culture, ideas, and differences, the basis of history. Teaching it or learning it, history is remarkable. Being able to teach it would be a dream. Hencing that for my dream job.

CW, age 15

No comments:

Post a Comment