Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

"My Dream Job" --a persuasive writing assignment

My dream job is Case Worker

Dear Sarah,
I would be excellent in this job because first of all, I absoulutely love children. I love and enjoy working with different types of kids, and all ages. I know perfectley how the system works. The experiences I've been through in my past will help me relate to them. I understand how it feels to not have love and support. Its extremeley hard having to go through life without someone by your side who is always ther to support you and motivate you. No one has to go through this alone. So I want to be there for the kids to give them that boost they need in order to keep going. I want to show them that life doesn't have to be the way it is. There is hope and faith. I'm not going to lie and say that life is easy. Because obviously, everyone knows it's not. Nobody's perfect. Yes we will make bad decisions and mistakes more than once. I have no right to judge these kids by what they've done and neither does anyone else! I've made many mistakes and have done things I regret, and am not proud of. But we learn from those mistakes. It's our job to help these kids change their lives around, Not by judging them and bringing stuff up that has already happend. I want to help them move on to the next phase in their lives. Make them realize that life dosen't revolve around parties, drugs/alcohol or gangs. I also know what it's like living on the streets. It's hard out there. Sometimes, if your lucky enough, you'll find a warm place to sleep. I want to get both girls & boys off the streets, show them that their not alone, and that anything's possible. Many of my experiences actually benefit me because "I've been their, done that." I want to work with girls who have been sexually, emotionally, or physically abused. I want every girl to know that "It's never your fault." No matter what people have said or what happened in the past. You can hold onto it, and let anger and pain take-over you. Or you can simply let it go and be free and turn it into something positive, so that you, and the person after you can inspire young teens and adults all over the world. Don't let your past affect your future.

S. G., age 14

No comments:

Post a Comment