Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Everyone Has a Story: "So Many Bad Memories"

 I was born in ___ but moved to Utah at the age of 5. Mostly because my brothers and my familys lives were in jeporidy for gang violence that my brothesr participated in. What my parents wanted for is a new life. They moved to Utah hoping things would get better. But they didnt. Since I was a little girl all I remember was the anger in my dads eyes & the smell of alcohol coming from his breath. I remember the sadness in my moms tears dripping from her eyes & the fear in her body language. It seemed like all I did was hide. I was never comfortable living in my own home & my mom was doing everything to protect me from my dad and my two older brothers they didn't make the situation any better, they made it worse. They joined in on the actions of my dad. Ive had so many bad memories in my childhood... But Ive learned not to live int he past & to live in the present, now my dad is no longer a alcholic and he has changed so much. My older bro is in prison, nothing new. My father has never personally said sorry but actions speak louder than words.

CO, age 15

No comments:

Post a Comment