Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Everyone Has a Story: "Out of the Box"

Once i got in the system and got locked up everything changed for me. The first time i got caught up was like the whole world came down on me and i felt like crap. When i first got locked up i didn't know what was going to happen next and was scared that i wasn't going to go home and that i was going to stay longer. But once i left and went home i didn't care and was like "that was nothing" so then i started getting in trouble more til i finally got in to much trouble and had the possibilyty that i wasn't going home and got into a program that could help me with my issues and problems so it did help me get my head straight and set my goals together and get my Education back and have more respect for my family and future so i won't be in a box and have a family.

A.R., age 17

No comments:

Post a Comment