Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Everyone Has a Story: "Saving My Family"

I was looking for his "stash." I found it-- a box full of pills, baggies of coke, vials of heroin, and a pipe of weed. "This is whats hurting this family," I said. I got it and I went in our backyard. I got the lighter that was in there and I got the kerosine that was in the garage. I put the box on the ground and filled it full of kerosine, then I made a trail of it so it wouldn't explode in my face, right when I lit it, he came home. He went immediatly to his room to look for the "stash." I heard him yelling in anger at how he knew it was there.

He rushed outside and came at me with his fists clenched. I was ready but he didnt go to me, he went to the fire, he put out his hands in it and yelped in pain. "WHAT THE *&^%$& DID YOU DO?!?!" I said that I was fixing this family from your addiction. He hit me with his fists. I hit the ground and went unconsious. I woke up about 5 hours later in ICU. I didn't say anything about his hitting me to the doctors, but I had a bruise in the shape of a fist and a split scalp from the rock. That was my first time going unconsious. He never did stop and he routinely hit me after that.

I will never forgive him for the drugs he used. That's why I will never do drugs.

L.S., age 14

No comments:

Post a Comment