Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Everyone Has a Story: "My Life Story"

My life story. I have had a hard life. I have been to detention 2 times. I've been to a rehab center and now here. I have a step dad that is abusive, he hits and pushes my mom and he chokes her. I have been so scared most of the times. I want to stop him but I'm afraid he will hurt me. He does pot everyday. He has pushed and thrown me before. I have been really stressed out because of it.

I started doing drugs and then my life went downhill. I have always wanted to become a racer and go pro. When I get out I am going to change and become a racer and not do drugs because my mom and me are going to move away from him and because I want to change. I don't want my mom feeling like she doesn't know where I am. I want her to feel that I am safe, not doing drugs, and not getting in trouble. That is my highest of the most highest goal. I NEED to do for her, myself, and my brother. My mom is going to get a divorce with my stepdad and get a new boyfriend. He is pretty cool. I hope my mom is happy with my disitions [decisions] when I get out.

CBP, age 13

No comments:

Post a Comment