Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Everybody Has a Story: Its not no Fairytell

You know when your kid lifes supposed to be fun and games.... mine was kind of like hell. When I was young I had to watch my mom and dad fight over who got the last hit from the pipe or who gets the last pills. My house was never normal. My mom was gang related and that's how she taught me... ever since I was young that what Ive known how to live on the streets and how to handle my own. My dad was tired of my moms gangster friends so he told us he was going to work and never came home. Thats when everything went crazy!

My life went even more downhill. My older cousin was molesting me every day and my mom was to high to believe me. I hated everyone. The only ones I had were my sisters. Our mom was into drugs, alcohol, and her new boyfriend.... I was scared to be in my own house because my mom and stepdad were always drunk and fighting. I really tough I had no one. My sisters were always busy partying and my dad was gone. I didnt go to school that much because my mom would always have an excuse to keep me home.

A couple years went by and my mom was really sick. She was having a lot of ceasures and one time her friend was over and my mom started having another ceasure and then she stopped breathing. We called the ambulance and they came and took her. When me my sisters and my aunt got to the hospital the doctor told us they had to pump her stomache to get the drugs out. When they did that water got in her lungs and gave her namonia. My mom was really mad that she was in the hospital and when we were talking to the doctor my mom checked herself out. She wasn't in her room so we asked a nurse where she went and she told us and we all were so mad.

We went home and my mom was already in her room. I was going to go and talk to her but my aunt said she would later that night. My mom called me upstairs to talk. I told her I was mad at her and didn't want to. She said "mija porfavor. Im sorry. Please just lay in bed with me porfavor." I told her no.... the last thing I told my mom was I hate you! For half the night she was calling my name and I layed there awake crying until it stopped. the next morning I went to tell her I was going to school and that I love her and she was dead overdosed, took the easy way out!

Thats when it hit me you never know what you got tell its gone. So I moved out here with my dad and Ive been in and out of DT and programs ever since. Everyone says Im just like my mom a gangbanger who only cares about the homies and meth! Thats not true. I care about my family but people dont get it. The world is a messed up place. It's not no fairytell.

No comments:

Post a Comment