Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Poem: "felon of the night"

being up so high and trying
not to fail is an amazing thing
plus trying not to be seen. the more
paint yon hare and supplys the more
the wight and the harder it is
to clime. trying to make
the burner look just right the smelll
of the paint is to me like
the smell of food or flowers
or purtrim to other people I love
it. the feeling after you have
finished is like a feeling like no
other to see your work the next
day and to have eveyr one talking
about how sick that peace that
guy did was. It is a way to express
to feel like your heart is about to
blow up it beating so fast. I am
an artists. I am a creater. I am a dreamer.
I am a ghost. I am a felon of the
night.

SH, age 16

No comments:

Post a Comment