Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Dream Job-- a persuasive writing assignment

My dream job is to be a judge

Dear Sarah, I beleive that you should hire me as one of your judges as Mathison county court house because I have got six proffesional degrees and ten masters degrees and I ahve attended fourty-eight years of colledge and I beleive that I would be a great judge because I have been in most juivaniles shoes. I grew up in the ghetto and I had an abusive mom and dad and I would often choose drugs over family and all my parents thought was I can't do anything to change him we must let him realize on his own that this is not right but as time went by I kept getting worse and worse and my addiction was slowly killing me and one day I woke up in the hospital with my family standing around me and beaging and pleading for me to kick my habit and all I was thinking of is when and where I was going to shoot up again and when I got out of the hospital I went and shot up by a near by trash can.

So that is why I beleive that you should pick me to be your next judge at Mathison County Court house.

BB, age 16

No comments:

Post a Comment