Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Dream Job-- a persuasive writing assignment

My dream job is automobile design artist for Maserati

Dear Sarah,

I am applying for a position on the automobile body design team here at Maserati. Since I was a boy, I've always been drawn to good looking cars, and Maserati has never failed to impress. I've been trying hard to get into a career in designing incredible looking automobiles and I feel that this would be the best job for me in this field. I also think I have a lot I could bring to the team to benefit the company.

Ever since I was about eight, I've been sketching and drawing cars that I like. It's my favorite thing to do. I draw many scale drawings of existing cars, hundreds in face, and I draw just as many sketches of cars I've imagined and designed on my own. I believe I have real talent in the visual aspects of creating new cars. It's always been my dream to some day drive a car I designed myself, and this job will be a huge step in reaching that dream.

In school I've completed multiple engineering, drafting, physics, and art classes. All those fields pertain to this job, I learned in depth, the aspects of scale modeling, design sketching, aerodynamics, and how to put it all together on paper. Those skills cover all the aspects of performing this job. It would require very little additional training to get me performing well as a part of your visual design team.

I feel I meet all the criteria required for doing this job. I also have patience. I work well with others, and can take and handle criticism, and use it to create an even better product. If you wish to inquire more into my abilities and experience, I have a large portfolio of automobile concept art and design sketches of many cars I've imagined. I'll be happy to deliver this portfolio and any other personal information you desire.

Thank you very much for your time and thought. I hope to hear back about any possible openings for me you may have. Thanks again.

BC, age 17

No comments:

Post a Comment