Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Everyone Has a Story: "Trying to Stay Alive"

I was 15 when I got jumped in to a gang. Before I knew it I was getting crap from every one the day after I go in. I said "they dont understand, theyre just hatin" But I was blinded by my own lust for a purpose in life. I had thought I found it but I was wrong. Dead wrong.

With in two weeks I was arrested 3 times charged twice and searched for drugs, alcohol, may be even weapons. The school cop just kept questioning me and said "word on the street is you go jumped in" I nodded, I didnt care what he was trying to do I just wanted to leave school. Then he says "you go by -----?" I said "ya" after that talk everyone started to look down on me. Soon after the cops kept coming to me everytime something gang related came up. especially graffiti I was always trying to be pushed into saying "I did it." It was the worst.

in the time I was all about the hood life. I beat up a girl, stole beer, got drunk, started a fight, worse of all there were two guys out to kill me and for a week I was to keep low, so I did though I always seemd to be across the street from them when fighting. Till they showed up at my high school to try to kill us, me. I was scared but when one walked past me I didn't flinch. Luckily he didn't know who I was. There still looking for me I've decided to get out but its hard and I may not survive.

J.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment