Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Everyone Has a Story: "Bad Decision"

My name is _________. I was born in oregon but moved to utah with my family when i was about six years old. I had a good child hood and it started going down hill when i hit the 8th grade and decided to smoke for the first time. I was with my best friend at the time and one day after school we decided to go to another friends house to hang out and when we get there there were other kids there standing around passing back an apple smoking out of it. Me and my friend walked up and one of the kids passed it to me and i hit it because i wanted them to think i was cool. After that day i started hangin out with the bad crowd of kids that smoked and got in trouble and i was doing it until about 6 months ago when i realized i didnt want to be that kid anymore but i wasn't doing much about it. Yeah i stoped hangin out with a lot of the kids and stoped smoking but one night i ended up making a really bad decision that landed me locked up for sixty day and thats when i really sat down and decided i have to change the way i live before its to late. I can't really say this program has changed me because noone can change in sixty days but it has changed the way i think and see the world.

J.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment