Reminder:

The writing on this blog is from teens who are in a lockdown facility called O&A. O&A stands for Observation and Assessment, a 45-day period ordered by the courts where their behaviors, attitudes, and skills are charted for their juvenile judge.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Poetry: "The Best of Me"

Back in the day or at least around my way. When the weekend was creepin it was time to go play I dont need to be pacific but the times seem real terrific party's, fights, the good old nights. but when you hit 18 you lose your juvenile rights, next thing you know your an old man livin every day with regret tryin to make a stand. Now Im here to tell you thats not going to be me, trying to fulfill my lite as truest can be, dont question me, bless me to see the best of me every mistake I make is going to take time All 5 have for advice is dont do the crime cuz your just going to regret wishing you could rewind.

DW, age 17

No comments:

Post a Comment